Wearing My Aunt Betty's Vintage Red Hat with Leather Band for Kentucky Derby Day
When my very glamorous, beautiful and 100% lovely Aunt Betty passed away, close friends and family were given a hat from her prolific collection. This gorgeous vintage red felt hat with black leather band and buttons was the one I inherited. I love it because it's a fantastic hat, but I also love it because of who it belonged to before me.
Time to Loan Out the Hats and Fascinators!
I'm one of the few people now-a-day who have a full store of hats. As such, I dig them out for all the friends with whom I gather on Derby day and loan them out for the occasion. Bridget and her Trusty Store of Ecclectic Wardrobe Pieces to the rescue!
Plus Size Vintage Style Outfit for for Kentucky Derby Featuring Gorgeous Vintage Red Felt Hat - Outfit Details
- Red felt hat with black leather band and button - vintage, inherited from my great-aunt Betty
- Maxi length V-striped rainbow and black skirt - Goodwill in Quincy
- Black leather belt with turquoise and silver buckle - handme down from my sister
- Black tank top with beaded shoulder straps - Old navy
- Black sateen lightweight cardigan - Sears (c1998)