This Is What Happens When You Decide to Be Bold and Bright: Plus Size Outfit of the Day in Bright Color Separates
Vintage Style Work Separates in Patterned Skirt and Block Color Top for a Bold, Bright Plus Size Outfit
I loved wearing this outfit. All my favorite things: so many bright colors, butterflies, prettiness, but a steady dose of basic black to keep it all together instead of descending into color chaos.
Why It Works as a Pin Up Workwear
The color block shirt and black headband give it a 60s vintage vibes. I mixed prints with the canvas butterfly shoes and the skirt pattern but stay in the same color palette of bold pinks, yellow and blues with black and white. And the mostly black top and black leggings balance out all the bold colors.
Cheap Pin Up Fashion Elements
The shirt was from the $1 rack at Boomerangs. The skirt was a dress but the top was too tight, so I made it into a skirt, from SammyDress.com. The canvas butterfly print ballet flats are from Target. The bangle is from WalMart. The belt is from a thrift store in New Orleans. My mother bought the butterfly necklace and earring set from the Palmer Park Arts Market in New Orleans.
Plus Size Pin Up Styling Tips
This skirt is great for work. It is an A-Line shape, not too tight and with leggings is a good length for work. The belt, as always, helps with a flattering waistline. I also like the t-shirt being just the right size for comfort and flattery.
Bohemian Budget Bold, Bright, and Black Mixed Print Separates for Work Outfit Details
- T-shirt - Boomerangs Thrift Store, $1
- Skirt - converted dress from SammyDress.com $4
- Leggings - Old Navy, $10
- Canvas butterfly print shoes - Target, $10
- Thick black leather belt - thrift store in New Orleans (now closed) $5
- Print pink bangle bracelet - Walmart, $3
- Black cloth headband - CVS, 3 for $6
- Black and bright color butterfly necklace and earring set - Palmer Park Art Market, New Orleans, gift from Mom